Wednesday 17 January 2007, 7:45pm at Craven Cottage, London
Fulham FC
Leicester City
Fulham win 4-3 against Leicester City.

Danny Cadamarteri forced this FA Cup Third round tie to a replay with a goal late in injury time. Fulham took the lead through Brian McBride before Leicester equalised through a Patrick Kisnorbo header. Moritz Volz restored Fulham’s advantage but Cadamarteri ensured a replay with a stoppage time strike.

Chris Coleman handed young Elliot Omozusi his First Team debut as Fulham kicked off their 2006/07 FA Cup campaign. New loan signing Vincenzo Montella was given a place on the bench.

The home side made a bright start when on three minutes the lively Levi Porter cut past Omozusi and played a low ball into the path of Iain Hume, whose shot grazed the side netting. Buoyed by the opportunity, the home side took charge of the game and had Fulham on the back foot, albeit without forcing Jan Lastuvka into action.

The Whites eventually managed gain a foothold in the match and Heidar Helguson went close when he rose highest and managed to get his head to Omozusi’s delivery, forcing Leicester goalkeeper Paul Henderson to tip the ball over for a corner.

Fulham’s next chance fell to Brian McBride just a few minutes later when he was left unmarked in the box following a Wayne Routledge corner, unfortunately the American striker headed straight into the arms of Henderson.

The match soon descended into a scrappy affair with both side fighting to retain possession amidst a flurry of tackles. Fulham, looking at their most dangerous on the break, came close again when Liam Rosenior broke away down the left flank but his cross drifted harmlessly between the line of Fulham attackers and Henderson’s far post.

Counter attacking appeared to be a recurrent theme in the first half as the Foxes came close on 24 minutes when Matty Fryatt found himself in a one-on-one situation with Ian Pearce down the inside left channel. Fryatt, clearly looking to work the ball on to his right foot, could not shake off the attentions of Pearce and eventually saw his shot charged down by the big defender.

Fulham had one of their best chances of the half on 28 minutes when Tomasz Radzinski’s pass somehow found its way through to the rapidly advancing Moritz Volz, whose shot produced a good save from Henderson.

Ian Pearce produced a fine tackle just after the half hour mark as Gareth Williams looked to latch on to a hopeful through ball.

Wayne Routledge missed a fine opportunity to give Fulham the lead in the 37th minute after he was sent clean through one-on-one with Henderson. However, the opportunity was lost when Routledge attempted to round the keeper but his touch took him too wide.

Almost immediately Fulham were forced into some desperate defending when a Porter cross found three Leicester players queuing up at the far post. The ball was nodded back across the six yard area but was smuggled away by some last ditch defending.

Fulham started the second half well and Radzinski could have given the Whites the lead when a smart free kick presented the Canadian striker with a shooting opportunity. Radzinski took aim but his low shot flew just wide of the far post.

Soon after, Elliot Omozusi could have topped off his debut with a wonder goal. The Academy graduate picked up the ball 30 yards out and embarked on a mazy run into the heart of the Leicester penalty area which took him past several defenders. Unfortunately, the right back could not get the ball out from under his feet when it came to testing Henderson with the shot.

Leicester hit back with a series of chances which culminated in Iain Hume blazing a glorious opening over from six yards after a deep cross was nodded back into the danger zone.

Fulham took the lead when Michael Brown found the run of Brain McBride and the American applied a lethal finish. It was a fine piece of play by Brown, who remained patient in possession before finally spotting the opportunity to play the killer ball.

Vincenzo Montella was handed his debut shortly after when he came on for Heidar Helguson.

The goal seemed to take the sting out of Fulham attacking play and the Whites soon paid the price as Leicester finally made one of their many balls into the box count when Patrick Kisnorbo headed home from six yards. Lastuvka did well to get a hand to the ball but could only touch it on to the underside of the bar.

Leicester continued to push but it was Fulham who struck back in the 83rd minute when McBride rolled the ball back to Volz who drilled a 25 yard shot past Henderson. It was a fine strike from a player who is rapidly making a name for himself as a goal scoring midfielder.

With only seconds of injury time remaining Leicester netted the leveller to force a replay at Craven Cottage. Levi Porter managed to get in behind Omozusi down the left wing. Although the Fulham right back was able to make up lost ground, he was shoved off the ball at the by-line and Porter’s centre was turned home by former Fulham player 

Match Information

Competition: The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON

Date: Wednesday 17 January 2007
Kick-off: 7:45pm

Venue: Craven Cottage, London
Attendance: 11,222

Referee: Alan Wiley


Team line-up is not available.

Leicester City

Team line-up is not available.