History of Fulham Football Club

Blinding Success

April 1894 Dean's Blinds (owned by future chairman John Dean) was opened and was used in advertising for the programme.

Cottage Creation

May 1894 Under the direction of Treasurer Arthur Thomas, Fulham Football Club purchased the land and site of Craven Cottage, which was in a state of disrepair since the fire of 1888. It would take two years to make it into a football stadium, but the first unofficial game was Fulham Reserves versus St. Mary’s Recreation.