Loan Round Up

Monday 9 February 2015 14:30

Stephen Arthurworrey played 90 minutes on Saturday as Yeovil Town moved off the bottom of the Sky Bet League One table with a 2-1 victory over Crawley Town at Huish Park.

The visitors went in front on 27 minutes through Izale McLeod’s header, but Gozie Ugwu restored parity when he nodded in on 66 for his third goal in five games.

And the winner arrived just six minutes later when Ajay Leitch-Smith pounced to fire home and earn his side a crucial three points which saw them leapfrog their opponents in the table.

Elsewhere in the division, Matt Smith played 73 minutes of Bristol City’s goalless draw at Milton Keynes Dons before being replaced by Aaron Wilbraham.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas and Joe Bryan went close for the Robins, but the home side could have won it late on through Dele Alli. The result keeps City at the top of the standings.

In League Two, Josh Passley played the entirety of Portsmouth’s 1-0 win over Hartlepool United at Fratton Park.

Matt Tubbs’ header on the hour mark proved the difference between the two sides, and helped Pompey to a first win in 10 matches as they moved up to 16th in the table.

In the Vanarama Conference South, Marek Rodák and Farnborough slipped to a 1-0 defeat at Havant & Waterlooville.

There was nothing the young goalkeeper could do about the winner on 42 minutes as Ben Swallow’s low shot deflected off Matt Jones to wrong-foot Rodák and fly into the back of the net.

Jamie Hand was sent off in the 82nd minute for a second bookable offence for 20th-place Farnborough.

In the 2. Bundesliga, Thomas Eisfeld came on as a 70th-minute substitute in VfL Bochum’s 2-1 defeat at Union Berlin.

Selim Guenduez had put the visitors in front shortly after the half-hour mark, but Berlin drew level through Martin Kobylanski’s effort five minutes into the second period.

Damir Kreilach then won it for the hosts late on, as Bochum slipped to 12th in the standings.

In Greece, Kostas Mitroglou played 90 minutes but couldn’t help Olympiakos to three points as they were held to a goalless draw at PAOK.

They still sit top of the Super League, but Panathinaikos closed the gap to six points with their win over Panaitolikos.

Related Content