Following Saturday’s match with Reading which was live streamed overseas on fulhamfctv for the first time, the Club was keen to listen to feedback from our international supporters.
As a result, we would like to offer the following information, to try and ensure as smooth a process as possible for our fans when accessing future live streams.
- The stream can be accessed using a PC or Laptop. The live stream will be available 15 minutes prior to kick-off on www.fulhamfc.com/live. Access can also be found via the fulhamfc.com homepage or via the fulhamfctv landing page. Supporters must be logged in with the correct credentials in order to view the live stream.
- All website browsers support the stream, except for Internet Explorer.
- Some fans who subscribed to the Match Pass found that their account did not recognise this purchase. We are working on this issue, but advise that signing out and back in again tended to rectify the problem.
- Fans are reminded that this service is not supported by mobile/tablet devices, or at this stage via the Fulham App. Audio commentary remains available via these means.
- EFL regulations restrict the use of casting. To watch the stream on your television you would need to connect it to your laptop/computer using a HDMI cable.
- We were aware of the low audio levels experienced by some users, and are working on a solution ahead of the Leeds United match.
- A number of supporters contacted the Club over the weekend, but we are not always able to reply out of business hours. In the future, any issues on a matchday should be directed to email@example.com.
Match passes for the Leeds game are available to purchase now from £5, as is the Annual Overseas subscription which includes access to live matches. Supporters are reminded that the Monthly pass and Worldwide Annual Subscription (£45) does not provide access to live streams. Furthermore, no fixtures will be made available to supporters based in the UK and Ireland.