Ryan Sessegnon has been voted the PFA Player of the Month for the English Football League Championship by football fans across the country.
In a vote run by fan engagement experts, Snack Media, Sessegnon was a comfortable winner, receiving 27 per cent of the vote for January. That knocked fellow England starlet James Maddison (19 per cent) into second place.
In the second of four divisional votes carried out over seven days via Snack’s digital and social networks, it was clear that Sessegnon’s incredible performances over the last month – including an amazing six-goal-haul – has resonated not just with Fulham fans, but with supporters of all teams.
The full list of contenders from the final shortlist polled were as follows:
• Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham) - 27%
• James Maddison (Norwich) - 19%
• Robert Snodgrass (Aston Villa) – 17%
• Steve Morison (Millwall) - 15%
• Daniel Ayala (Middlesbrough) – 12%
• Scott Hogan (Aston Villa) – 10%