The Foundation is working closely with Fulham Football Club to launch a range of initiatives to support the community during this time.
In recognition of the challenges brought on by COVID-19, the Foundation is focusing on the following priorities:
• Encourage physical and mental wellbeing
• Ease the burden of social distancing/social isolation for the most vulnerable, namely those living with disabilities and the elderly
• Support families in providing ongoing learning opportunities for children at home
With these priorities in mind, the following initiatives will be rolled out this week:
• Befriending telephone service for the elderly and vulnerable – Foundation and Club staff will check-in with participants and Fulham supporters on a regular basis to ensure social connections remain intact, as well as to provide further information and support in sign-posting
• Stay Home, Stay Fulham Fit – Online content available free of charge through the Club’s match streaming service, Fulham TV, for children, young people and adults. Content will range from physical and mental wellbeing practices to educational activities for children and young people, and modified exercises for the elderly to avoid de-conditioning during this time
We invite everyone to take part in these daily challenges and activities designed to support wellbeing. Our overarching focus is the wellbeing of our supporters and participants. We are continuously reviewing how we can best support the community in line with Government guidance. If you are a Fulham supporter or Foundation participant, we encourage you to share your ideas with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the other challenges that are going on via the Foundation's news page!