Key Design Objectives
- Seating capacity expanded to 30,000 without seat loss during construction.
- The design of the new stand should mirror the bend in the river.
- New stand should reduce the impact of the floodlighting on the river and adjacent streets.
- The new stand should be sympathetic in scale to the trees to the south.
- The overall scale of the new stand should reflect the scale of the adjoining stands to the north and south.
- The new stand should take advantage of its riverside location and the longer views over the river to the west.
- The new stand should provide a new public River walk with public toilets, cafes and restaurant.
- External materials and colour to reflect riverside setting and its orientation.
- New stand to provide facilities for community and other uses on non-matchday.