We appointed a professional team of planners and architects to advise us of the best way to increase our stadium capacity to 30,000. The following constraints and opportunities were identified.
- Existing Putney stand fills the site between pitch and boundary.
- Existing Hammersmith stand fills the site between pitch and boundary.
- Spectators’ concourse facilities very limited.
- River walk stops – pedestrian route returns to Stevenage Road.
- Single aspect access and egress.
- Limited ecology to river wall and foreshore.
- Existing Riverside stand: very limited facilities and capacity.
- Major opportunity to complete the River walk.
- Riverside Stand is the most appropriate to develop.
- Johnny Haynes stand – listed building to be retained and respected.
- Listed Craven Cottage to be retained and respected.
- Improve listed turnstile access and egress.
- Reduce pre and post match pedestrian numbers on Stevenage Road.
- Ecological improvements to riverside.
- Reduce floodlight pollution / removal of floodlight masts.