Tuesday 7 April 2015, 3:00pm at Swansway Chester Stadium, Chester
Liverpool U21s
O'Hanlon 29'
Fulham FC
Fulham U21s
Dembélé 32'; Edun 36'

29' Goal

Alex O'Hanlon
Assist by Jose Enrique

50' Substitution

Player was substituted for tactical reasons
On:Ryan Kent
Off:Ryan McLaughlin

63' Substitution

Player was substituted for tactical reasons
On:Samed Yesil
Off:Jose Enrique

32' Goal

Moussa Dembélé
Assist by Solomon Sambou

36' Goal

Tayo Edun
Assist by Moussa Dembélé

57' Yellow Card

Tayo Edun Card was given for a foul

80' Substitution

Player was substituted for tactical reasons
On:Dean O'Halloran
Off:Tayo Edun

Fulham Under-21s came from a goal down to beat Liverpool Under-21s 2-1 in Chester.

Fulham Under-21s came from a goal down to beat Liverpool Under-21s in Chester.

The home side had taken the lead through Alex O'Hanlon in the first half but the Whites hit back immediately with two quick goals on the counter.

Moussa Dembélé levelled the game soon after following excellent work from Solomon Sambou before Adetayo Edun found the net after good work from Dembélé.

The second half was less eventful and both sides had chances but the Whites were good for their victory in the Barclays U21 Premier League.

The hosts started the brighter of the two sides in the glorious sunshine but it was the visitors who fired the first warning. Dembélé, returning to the side,  hit a powerful shot from range that went high and wide of the target.

The Reds responded after six minutes, a dangerous free-kick into the box was met by Dan Cleary but his header was straight at Marek Rodak, who gathered at the second attempt.

Aron Davies' mistake then allowed the Reds another chance but his defensive partner Jonathan Buatu rescued his team-mate, producing a superb block to deny Sergi Canos a shot on goal.

Liverpool's Ryan McLaughlin was causing problems down the Fulham left hand side but Rodak was on hand to collect a succession of dangerous crosses into the box.

Fulham were then gifted a chance when Jose Enrique's misplaced pass found Ange-Freddy Plumain who did well to set up Dembele but his shot was straight at goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux.

The home side then broke the deadlock just before the half hour mark after good work from Enrique on the left-hand side.  He produced a pass over the top of the Fulham defence and found O'Hanlon who fired the ball into the far corner.

Their lead did not last long though, just three minutes later Joshua Smile broke up play in his own half and gave it to Solomon Sambou who drove forward before playing in Dembélé who slotted home past Vigouroux.

The Whites then took the lead four minutes later from another counter attack. Solomon Sambou played the ball over the top and found Dembélé on the right, who used his strength to hold off surrounding defenders and found Edun who produced an excellent finish into the far corner.

Dembélé full of confidence then created another opening by himself, brushing off defenders and unleashing a powerful shot that fizzed wide.

The opening to the second-half was quiet and it wasn't until the just before the hour mark that Liverpool tested Rodak. O'Hanlon looked to catch the 18-year-old out from a free-kick at his near post but the Whites keeper got down well to parry the ball clear.

That chance gave Liverpool some momentum and substitute Ryan Kent fired a dangerous cross across the box but no one could get on the end of it.

Rodak was called into action again on 67 minutes, as the ball broke to Samed Yesil but the Slovakian blocked his shot and the follow up couldn't be turned in by Cameron Brannagan.

There was more chaos in the Fulham area when Rodak spilled a routine shot but the Whites managed to scramble the ball clear.

Fulham then found a new lease of life and Larnell Cole hit a shot from range that was straight at Vigouroux.

With 10 minutes to go it was so nearly 3-1 to the visitors. First, Plumain twisted and turned in the area before firing a shot that was well saved by Vigouroux and soon after Smile picked up the ball from long range and smashed a stunning effort that crashed against the bar.

Into stoppage time, the Whites nearly sealed the win as excellent footwork by Cole in the box created space for the shot but it was easy for Vigouroux.

Rodak was needed once more deep into stoppage time, as the ball broke for Sinclair in the box but the keeper spread himself well to deny the striker and seal the win for Peter Grant's side.

Imagery courtesy of Nick Taylor/Liverpool FC.

Match Information

Competition: Barclays U21 Premier League

Date: Tuesday 7 April 2015
Kick-off: 3:00pm

Venue: Swansway Chester Stadium, Chester
Attendance: 246

Liverpool U21s

Line-up: Vigouroux; Randall, Cleary, Maguire; McLaughlin (Kent 50'), Chirivella, O'Hanlon, Enrique (Yesil 63'); Canos, Brannagan; Sinclair

Unused substitutes: Trickett-Smith, Firth, Pelosi

Fulham U21s

Line-up: Rodak; Sheckleford, Buatu, Davies, Evans; Smile; Cole, Edun (O'Halloran 80'); Sambou; Plumain, Dembélé

Unused substitutes: Barnes, Williams, De La Torre, Redford

Liverpool U21s (3-4-2-1)
  • 1Lawrence Vigouroux
  • 2Connor Randall
  • 4Daniel Cleary
  • 5Joe Maguire
  • 7Ryan McLaughlin
  • 6Pedro Chirivella
  • 8Alex O'Hanlon
  • 3Jose Enrique
  • 11Sergi Canos
  • 10Cameron Brannagan
  • 9Jerome Sinclair
  • 12Daniel Trickett-Smith
  • 13Andrew Firth
  • 14Ryan Kent
  • 15Marc Pelosi
  • 16Samed Yesil
Fulham U21s (4-4-2 (Diamond))
  • 1Marek Rodak
  • 2Ryheem Sheckleford
  • 5Jonathan Buatu
  • 6Aron Davies
  • 3Jordan Evans
  • 4Joshua Smile
  • 7Larnell Cole
  • 8Tayo Edun
  • 10Solomon Sambou
  • 11Ange-Freddy Plumain
  • 9Moussa Dembélé
  • 12Dillon Barnes
  • 14Dean O'Halloran
  • 15Ryan Williams
  • 16Luca De La Torre
  • 17Aaron Redford